Harry Potter, Doctor Who and Bond stars in big line-up for Birmingham Comic Con
MCM Birmingham Comic Con and Memorabilia, Britain's biggest collectors' event, both come to the NEC on 16-17 March, and the line-up is looking good.
Here's a selection of the special guests attending the shows:
• Potter Personalities - Chris Rankin, who plays Percy Weasley in six of the blockbuster Harry Potter films, Steffan Rhodri, who was Reg Cattermole in Deathly Hallows and Hugh Mitchell, who appears as Gryffindor student Colin Creevey in The Order Of The Phoenix. Steffan is also famous for playing Dave in hit comedy Gavin & Stacey, and recently won plaudits as the voice of Drippy in acclaimed videogame Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch.
• Primeval stars Andrew Lee Potts (Connor Temple), Hannah Spearritt (Abby Maitland), also famous as an original member of S Club 7, and Lucy Brown, who played both Claudia Brown and Jenny Lewis.
• For Doctor Who fans there's Colin Baker, who starred as the sixth incarnation of The Doctor, Nicola Bryant, who played his companion Peri Brown and Sophie Aldred, who was The Doctor's companion Ace. Other Doctor Who guests include Frazer Hines, who played Jamie McCrimmon in no fewer than 117 episodes of the show; Terry Molloy, best known as the Daleks' villainous creator Davros, and stuntman Jimmy Vee, who has played a host of monsters and aliens in Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
• Bond girl and Avengers star Honor Blackman. Other Bond girls at Memorabilia include Shirley Eaton (Goldfinger), Lana Wood (Diamonds Are Forever) and Maryam d'Abo (The Living Daylights).
• Iconic glamour model Samantha Fox. As well as being the most popular pin-up girl of the '80s, Sam is a 30 million album-selling pop singer and actor.
• Gary Dourdan, best known for portraying Warrick Brown in eight seasons of the massively popular CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
• A trio of bold knights from Merlin will be at comic con: Alexander Vlahos (Mordred), Rupert Young (Sir Leon) and Eoin Macken (Sir Gwain).
• Canadian actor Connor Jessup, best known for his role as Ben Mason in the Steven Spielberg-produced sci-fi series Falling Skies.
• Emmy-winning Italian actress Greta Scacchi, whose credits include Robert Altman's The Player, White Mischief, Presumed Innocent and Broken Trail.
• Michael Beck, best known for his role as Swan in Walter Hill's 1979 cult classic The Warriors. Also appeared in hit sci-fi show Babylon 5.
• Oliver! Reunion - Oscar-nominated Ron Moody, best known as Fagin in Lionel Bart's stage and film musical Oliver!, Mark Lester, who played Oliver Twist and Shani Wallis, who played Sikes' long-suffering girlfriend Nancy.
• Masters of Horror - best known by his stage name John Morghen, Giovanni Lombardo Radice achieved cult status with his roles in 1980's Italian splatter movies such as Cannibal Ferox, City Of The Living Dead and Cannibal Apocalypse. He'll be joined at Memorabilia by scream queen Madeline Smith (The Vampire Lovers, Frankenstein And The Monster from Hell) and Eileen Dietz (The Exorcist).
• Derren Nesbit, best known as SS Major von Hapen in Where Eagles Dare. Derren's credits also include The Prisoner, Doctor Who and The Saint.
• Adrian Hall and Heather Ripley, who played Jeremy and Jemima Potts in Ian Fleming's much-loved musical film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
• British TV classics: Jan Harvey and Stephen Yardley, who starred as Jan Howard and Ken Masters in Howard's Way, and Judy Cornwall, best known for playing Daisy in long-running sitcom Keeping Up Appearances.
Tickets for MCM Birmingham Comic Con on 16-17 March are available at www.mcmcomiccon.com/birmingham